Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pursuing Justice and more

I interrupt my regularly scheduled blogging about heaters and job hunting, to tell you about some new writing. In the midst of remodeling I have managed to send out a few stories and essays for publication. Mostly they've been declined. A few have been accepted.

You'll find a few new links in the sidebar for my latest pieces online (and if you're on my email list, you already know about them).

Today I want to let you know about two books I'm honored to be included in:

The first is Pursuing Justice: The Call to Live and Die for Bigger Things. It's a highly readable book, filled with stories about justice in every day life. Reading it reminded me that justice isn't something that exists outside of us for the courts or governments to administer, it gets to the core of who we are and how we live. The book is published by a Christian house, but I think it engages a wider audience.

The author is Ken Wystma, and he has been greatly aided by D.R. (David) Jacobsen, who was in my graduating class at Seattle Pacific University where we received MFAs in Creative Writing. David, who edited the book, was kind enough to include a poem of mine.


I also have a story appearing in The California Prose Directory later this spring. This anthology features   both fiction and nonfiction all set in California. The editor is profiling all the contributors as he prepares to launch the book. I enjoy reading anthologies, and the first thing I head to is the author bios.

I'm enjoying the opportunity to read about the writers before the book is in my hands, and I'm humbled  to be included in this gathering of very talented writers. The profile also includes a Q&A about the contributors' experience with California. Mine appeared today.

Now I'm going to paint an accent wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment